Thursday, March 10, 2011

To Infinity & Beyond!

This year Blake wanted to have a party with his friends. I was a little hesitant, just because he was only turning 4 and I wasn't sure I could do that! :) But, after realizing that most of his friends were in my sunbeam class, I figured...I guess I could try it! I knew I would have lots of help and boy am I glad for that!! Thanks Ang, Mom, Aunt C, and Scott!!!

Blake really wanted to have a "Buzz Lightyear" Party, and so that's what we did. I had to modify the games a bit, to fit the ages but it turned out great and I think we all had a great time too! I know Blake did! I had my little clipboard so I could keep all my ideas of the games written down, so that if they got bored or restless, we just moved to the next thing! It was really cute how they all got into the "Space Ranger" characters! Even two cute little girls!

Here is Space Ranger Blake ready for Space Ranger Training!

Yummy Cupcakes for Dessert! The 1st training mission they had to complete before earning their Space Ranger Badges was an Obstacle Course...to follow the Alien footprints and then Orbit around the Meteors (a chair) then give SR Scott a high five, and finally sit down on the meteor and say "Happy Birthday Blake!"...then run back and tag the next Space Ranger. It was hilarious!


2nd Mission: Pin a badge on Buzz Lightyear....this too was fun for them! They all completed it successfully!


Mission 3: Ring around the Moon...can you guess which that game was? :)




4th Mission: Rocket, Rocket Blastoff! (duck duck goose) was a funny game too. Not too many of the kids knew this, but I am sure after today they know it !! It was funny cause at the end, I ended up tagging all of the kids, and we just all ran around in circles


Mission 5: Space Treasure Hunt! We had hidden birthday Items in the living room and made a "tent" for the entrance. The items were birthday party supplies that the Emperor Zurg had stolen from Buzz Lightyear. The kids had to find at least one item in order to successfully earn their Space Ranger Badges! They all once again completed this! :)


Introducing the newest Space Rangers!! They all earned their badges and Rockets Packs!


Blake was so excited to finally get to wear his Rocket Pack! He had seen me making them, and really wanted to "try" it out all week!!

Blake and His Buddy Evan!!!



Happy Birthday Blake!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

I do have to admit, even though it was a LOT of work to keep those 7 kidos entertained...it was one of the funnest parties we have done! Almost as fun as Willy Wonka!! Of course for Blake..it was the best day ever!! He said!!! I just love this little Space Ranger!

6 comments:

alison said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute party! Looks like you had a lot of fun playing the games too.

Haley L said...

I cannot get over how cute that turned out! I know it was a ton of work, but seeing the smiles on all those faces, especially Blake's, is priceless. Love that kid!! You got major mommy bonus points for that party. :)

KrisJ said...

Malia had a blast!

Unknown said...

It was a fun party and I was happy to help! I like that you kept it so simple, but had alot of fun games ready at the drop of a hat! Great jet packs too! Evan still loves his!

Gretchen said...

What a great party! It looks amazing and Liz you are so creative. I'm so glad that your parents could be there. Yeah! Call you soon.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Blake!

The party looked great, you always know how it give a great party!!
Miss you guys!