Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Easter this year was a little bit different for our family. It has taken me a long time to post about this, but I guess it is time to share some pictures and things. The friday before Easter, Scott's mom had a stroke and was taken to the hospital. We weren't even sure she was going to make it. Besides the stroke, she has bacterial meningitis. It was a really hard few days for our family. So that weekend, all the usual holiday activities like coloring eggs, egg hunts, and family dinners kind of got pushed out of the way. Instead we were at the hospital most of the weekend. I am truly grateful to my best friend Angela, for taking my boys without question, and keeping them overnight for us, so we could be down at the hospital. Thank you!! As I look back on that weekend, the thing that stands out the most for me, is the feelings I have for my Savior and family. The true meaning of the Atonement and Easter were lessons for our family even more. Nathan even got to give a talk in sacrament that Easter sunday on The Last Supper, and its meaning in his life. It was a really special talk, and I am really proud of him! As I write this post now, Scott's mom is finally out of the hospital two weeks later, and is in a rehabilitation center. We continue to pray for her recovery and hope that her body will improve and be healthy once again. We missed her at Easter dinner, but were so grateful that we were able to visit with her at the hospital that day. I am truly grateful for the wonderful friends and family I have that check up on us. Thank you to all of you who are praying for our family. Your compassion really means the world to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet post. I am grateful that Margo is doing better and is getting the help she needs. What a wonderful thing Easter is... Reminds us of so many wonderful reasons to be grateful. Love ya!