Then after more sun and love, it finally opened up! It was so pretty, but of course didn't last long. Matthew had a fun time watching it grow though. Next year, he wants to plant more, throughout the yard he says.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
You are My Sunshine
At the start of the summer, Matthew planted a few sunflower seeds for his wolf scout achievement. He was so excited to do this and I kept hoping that is would grow. When we got back from Lake Tahoe, it looked like this...WOW!

Then after more sun and love, it finally opened up! It was so pretty, but of course didn't last long. Matthew had a fun time watching it grow though. Next year, he wants to plant more, throughout the yard he says.
Seeing this picture, reminded me of my Grandma Baker's favorite song that she would sing to us all the time..."You are my sunshine..my only sunshine! You make me happy, when skies are gray!"...and so on. Thanks Matthew for sharing your sunflower with us!
Then after more sun and love, it finally opened up! It was so pretty, but of course didn't last long. Matthew had a fun time watching it grow though. Next year, he wants to plant more, throughout the yard he says.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I sing that song to Malia every night before I put her to bed.. Ive done it with all the kids!! I used to love growing sunflowers!
It's amazing how fast sunflowers go, isn't it? It is beautiful Matthew! I think you should plant more next year too!
How cool is that? I'll have to try that with my boys!
WOW!!! What a flower... it's so cool for kids to see the life cycle of plants isn't it?? We had some volunteer sunflowers from our bird feeder last year...totally cool!
Post a Comment