Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Schools out for Summer!!!

The end of the school year has come already! I can't believe how fast the month of May went! It was so awesome having my parents here for a week! We had so much fun together just hanging out and playing! I loved every minute of it. Blake loved playing with Grandma in his room and having her read to him each day. Those are such special times that I love. Nathan and Matthew learned how to play Kings in the Corner, thanks to Grandma too. :) Matthew wanted Papa to teach him how to "count cards" but I told him that was just a skill he had to learn! ;) haha. Since we were so busy at the end of the year...here is just a summary of our fun activities!

Last day of school picnic was a lot of fun! Funny thing about this was that Matthew DID not want to leave at 1pm with me...and I even bribed him with DQ! Eventually he saw the light and left..but was so sad to leave. Nathan on the other hand was excited to be finished with 5th grade!! Hello Middle School!!
The 5th Grade Tribute was fun and full of surprises! Nathan was so surprised when his teacher read his name for "Classmate of the Year"! He was voted by his classmates and what a surprise that was to him! He has loved being in 5th grade with his best buddies! Here he is with them, and they are ALL smiling I might add!! That doesn't happen often...to capture their smiles that is! ;)
5th Grade Field day was a blast! 5th grade classes from all over got to compete in track and field events. Nathan was in heaven on the race track, and we saw how much he LOVES to run! His teacher called him the Flying Lightning Bolt! Hahaha He had fun running and doing the 3legged race with a friend. Good times

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Catchy title! LOL Here's to a great summer break and that we don't go too crazy! It was fun doing all the end of school things together!

Erica said...

I don't think that there a better reward you would love for your child to win- Classmate of the Year!! That is a huge honor! Enjoy your summer- I know mine is going to go by fast just looking at the calendar. :)