It is this time of year~Christmas that I look forward to the most.
Christmas lights, christmas trees, abelskivers, Family time, serving others, hot cocoa every night, snuggling with my boys, sleeping in, no homework, suprising gifts, treasured time with Grandparents, cousin time, and just reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas.
This year we did not get to go to Cali and see my family. I have felt like an emotional roller coaster pretty much daily, but thankful for a sweet hubby who just lets me cry, and doesn't judge me! :) Hearing their voices on the phone on christmas Eve, and again on christmas day was nice, although my mom and I cried through the phone together! I know we will eventually get out to see them all soon, I hope!! I mostly sat on the couch this weekend though, not the most fun, after getting back into a routine of early morning exercise!! On Christmas Eve, I threw my lower back out, and haven't been the best patient! The pain is better now, after icing it all weekend, and seeing the doctor this morning! I am glad my hubby was around to take care of me! It stinks when the momma is out of commission!! hahaha
Our christmas was wonderful still! We had a fun visitor stop by our house christmas eve and he shared a spiritual message with us. Not often you have Santa telling you spiritual stories of Jesus! It really was nice though. Christmas morning we woke up, and saw that Santa most certainly visited us! We weren't sure if he would make it to our house this year, but he did! :) The magic of believing STILL is in our house, and I just love that! The look on the boys faces as they opened their gift is the best gift I could ever want. I wish we could bottle that up and save it forever!!!
We went down to Grandma and Grandpa Lowrys earlier than usual this year and it was fun to be with them. We had lunch there and then headed home to open our gifts. We kinda did it backwards, but it was so nice to get back into Jammies, and then just spend time together, not rushed!!
Blake and I on the couch at Gma's...see I was on the couch a lot!

Christmas Eve visitor

I can't believe Blake sat on Santa's lap!! At first he freaked out... but somehow Santa made him happy! Oh yea..he gave him a gift!

Nathan's turn!

Christmas morning....it was hard for them to not open before we left for the Lowrys...:)

Cutest pic!

Blake just loved these Buzz lightyear Binoculars! So funny!

Grand kids!

Nathan was in heaven!

Blake was so happy to play with his "wheiou ~ Firetruck" :)

hexbug Heaven!!

This is priceless!

My sweet hubby...who made me cry after opening his "25days of I love you" gift....best one ever!
4 comments:
Glad you had a fun Christmas! Hope your back is feeling better now. And I understand about crying! Love ya!
So sorry that you hurt your back, that must be why I didnt see you this morning! Hope it feels better fast! Glad you had a good Christmas!
Looks like your Christmas was amazing! Sorry about your back. :( Your kids are so cute and I love all the Colorado Rockies stuff. :)
"25 days of I love you" gift? You will have to explain more later. :) Hope you have a great rest of winter break and can feel all better soon! Love ya!
Post a Comment