Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Crazy day..overloaded

I survived my "tuesday from H...." day and just thought I would share! Woke up at 5:30am, tried to workout, but kept hitting the snooze button, so obviously that didn't work, slept until 6:30am. Got ready for the day, quietly while the boys were still asleep. I really am enjoying that time of day lately, as I can get a lot done. Had to be ready to leave the house at 9:45 to pick up the babysitter for the day. I took the boys up to Greeley for their teeth cleaning appts...and sat and waited for about 1/2 in the reception room. Now I know that being on the other end of Dentistry is hard..this I mean by the patients end, and I understand that a Pediatric Dental office needs to take there time with EACH patient, and I totaly appreciate that, but I was really getting impatient. The boys didn't eat breakfast because I told them they might be getting x-rays taken. Both boys have HUGE gag reflexes, and so without going into detail you can imaging WHY we didn't have them eat breakfast. So at 11:30am, still haven't eaten and STILL haven't been seen by the hygienist, I started to get a bit agitated. Matthew even packed a change of clothes in his backpack by himself! Quite funny!

So, at 11:45am Matthew finally was called back to the operatory. He was a hootin and hollerin when the hygienist told him he didn't need xrays...I heard it all the way in the waiting room! I started to feel anxious that we wouldn't be at the next appt. in Loveland for tutoring at 1pm...So once again, I felt like I was having an anxiety attack. Nathan went in next, and thankfully no tooth bugs for either of them. You don't know how much pressure there is for us, to have kids with HEALTHY teeth!!
So we left in a hurry, drove through Mc D's but really couldn't have the kids eat anything because they had a painted crusty flouride treatment on there...so I told them to just wait until after tutoring. I dropped them off then went to run a few errands....Sam's Club one of them. It was hot, and I was hungry and tired. Got up to the front and didn't have my check book! Yep! I went all the way through with my cart, and had to leave it...what a bummer. I picked up the boys, drove fast down to Firestone to make it to take the babysitter home. At least Blake had a good nap. 4pm..had a Meeting for Cub Scouts with my awesome new partner. Had to get Nathan and Matthew ready for baseball games, and fix dinner. Then luckily got to go to dinner with some aswesome friends...that was the best part of my day!! Came home at 9:30pm and then got to see Scott! WoW! what a day! Thank goodness it is over! Why do I do that to myself? OVER book and never say no! That is my problem! So, when my honey asks me what I did today...I just chuckle and laugh in hysterics!

Now we just have to get through Day Camp! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea! I totally feel for you and have been in those shoes more often than I would like. What a crazy day you had! I hope you get through day camp ok and have some time to relax! You definetly deserve it! Love ya and if I can ever help when you are having a bad day, please call me!

Brigit said...

Wow! I thought things were supposed to slow down in the summer?

Eldrberry Grove said...

Sounds like you had one of those days where you needed to clone yourself. But I'm glad you made it to dinner after all that! :)