Today I am sending a "shout out" to my mom!! She won't ever read this, cause she can't figure out how to sign in on my private blog..so Leanna, when you see her, show her how! ;) Heehee. I am so happy today! My dear sweet, strong, wonderful, courageous Mother finished her chemotherapy! You would NEVER know she was even sick in this picture....Today was her last day of agonizing BIG pills! About a month and a half ago, we had quite a scare, and I just couldn't blog it. She went in for her 6th our of 8 infusion treatments, and had an allergic reaction to the chemo drug. This happens often I guess, but it was really scarey for her. They immediately pulled the drugs and started pushing Benedryl and another anti-itch drug.(which I can't remember)So she was loaded up with Benedryl and was sent home. She got very discouraged because she didn't want to NOT "finish" her treatments. All this long time, we as family, have been trying to tell her that she can stop at anytime, if it is too much to bear. But she didn't want to. She has been so strong and hasn't even complained when we KNOW for certain that she has been miserable. The drug regimen for her was 1 week of infusions, and then 2 weeks of pills...every three weeks this would go on. So, after having a reaction to the infusion drug they just "upped" the dose of oral medication. The side effects are horrible, and increasing it just made the side effects more severe. Needless to say, my wonderful MOM is a survivor! She is so amazing and I thank Heavenly Father every day for keeping her here. It has been SO darn hard to be here in Colorado, while she is in California. I just wish we were closer. I am so proud of you MOM! Here is your shout out! Way to Go mom! Yippee!!! You are DONE! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hooray for you, Aunt Wilma!! :) what a horrible, awful thing to endure. she looks wonderful in that pic, Liz! thanks for keeping me posted about her, and the rest of your fam...
She has been a great example to everyone of courage and faith. Glad things worked out well for her. I love happy news!
I am so happy to hear that your mom is done with the chemo! Now on the road to recovery from that nasty stuff. Best of luck!!
Post a Comment