Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Classic

ok, this is really funny and I thought I would share my funny morning with you all. Here's a shout out to all those moms with kids who CLIMB on everything! I have forgotten about that stage in our boys lives, but was quickly reminded how I just can't leave Blake alone at any time! I was getting ready for the day, and just had gotten dressed, when all of a sudden it got VERY quiet. Ya know that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach feeling..came on strong, and I had the feeling to "GO check BLAKE"..well, he really wasn't lost or anything...he normally plays in my room when I am in the shower or getting ready. Well, I didn't hear anything, but the tv on downstair. So I call his name, but of course, he is only 18 mos, and will not be responding...:) anyway, I called and called, and then panic is starting to set in, as I am rushing through the house. I didn't realize how many places one could hide in our house if they wanted to! Well, after a few LONG minutes..more like 1 or 2 but felt forever, I discovered Blake. Classic! STANDING on the kitchen table! With about 4 red grapes in his mouth..whole grapes I might add! He was holding the branch where the grapes had been. Ok...so I was relieved and quite glad that I found him, but quickly realized he could have been choking...or fallen...and ..?? So my funny but quick lesson learned this morning was I realized I CAN'T EVER leave him alone again! Bummer! Now how am I going to get ready for the day?? While he sleeps!?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny! I guess you are going to have to lock your bedroom door when Blake is in there! Otherwise, you can borrow my Baby Einstein DVD's. They keep their attention long enough for a quick shower! :) Glad he wasn't choking on the grapes! I have learned that the only time little kids are quiet is when they are being mischievous, or asleep. :)

Jolayne said...

That was my Misha. At least I didn't have to resort to tying the chairs to the table!

Tirsa said...

oh, I know the feeling. Nap time is like my take a shower, clean the bathroom, check my email, prepare meals time!!!

Hunt Family Ramblings said...

Scary! I can't believe Tyler will be doing that soon. They really grow up so fast. It's hard to believe that Blake is that old all ready. We sure miss you guys! It's fun to read what you've been up to.