Sunday, September 21, 2008

Primary program

Today was our ward's primary program. I loved seeing the whole choir loft plust the first three rows of the chapel filled with kids. What a blessing it is to have a primary this big! It is hard on the teachers to have so many kids, but I thought how blessed we are to be in a ward filled with children. As I sat in the way back, I had to squint to see our boys...I put Nathan in a green shirt, so I could see him !:) I don't know if we didn't read the memo...but there were mostly boys in white shirts, and ties,...and then Nathan in a green polo! :) OH well.. I was just so happy that this year Matthew actually went up there to sing! and even SANG! For some reason, he gets so nervous, and shy that he just won't do things in front of a lot of people. You wouldn't think that, as he is quite a social little guy and a talker, but he does get very nervous. There was however incentives and consequences if they didn't sing or go up on the stand..:)
I was filled with the spirit as the children sang their songs, and even to see my sweet hubby up there too with his class. I know it isn't always his fav. thing to do, but Nathan sure loves him as his teacher. Blake and I watched as the primary sang, and I thought that Heavenly Father would be so happy today, at all his wonderful children.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Primary program too! Seeing all those kids up there singing just puts you in a good mood! Especially when your own kids are participating! :)

Kris said...

I know, I couldn't believe neither of mine gave me any problems or had to go to the bathroom in the middle. I agree...it was awesome!

Eldrberry Grove said...

We just had ours this week too and Chandler had a speaking part. He did awesome and it almost made me cry cuz it seems like he's growing up too fast!