Thursday, February 5, 2009

Well since it has been a while since my last post...I thought I would fill you in on what we are doing at the Lowry house! I don't know if some of you know, but Scott is preparing to be IV Sedation Certified. When he started thinking about this about a year ago, I didn't realize all that it would entail..but after the first weekend away, I found out! Scott has been traveling about 1 weekend a month to Arizona, Columbus Ohio, and now Portland. Luckily we got to go last month with him to Tucson and had a great time as I posted those pics. Well, this weekend Scott gets to go to Portland. He is going to be taking the ACLS (Advanced Cardio Life Support) class and exam. So, for the past 2 weeks, every night after work and getting the boys to bed Scott goes into his office and studies. We have talked about his studying so much and really tried to remember if he did this in his Endodontic Residency ....study this much! I think he forgot! Haha. Anyway it has been quite a long process and I will be so happy when he passes this exam and just has the clinicals to do in March and April. ( He has to see 20 patients) So about now we are half way done! Yippee...I should say HE is halfway done!
Last night, I was helping Scott study by asking him all these emergency questions. He has to know how to revive someone using different medications and AED things... It is a TON of material and I think he is finally ready! Even I woke up remembering a dream I had about those drugs and what they are for! Craziness!! We just now have to pray that all will go well this weekend.....

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Good luck Scott! Hey Liz, Ryan's away this weekend too! Ha!
Love, Gretchen

Unknown said...

I hope Scott did great on his test! It should open up new possibilities and be good for your family. Sorry that he has to travel so much... Remember that I am here if you ever need anything while he is gone!