Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oregon IV trip...

I just realized that I never posted about our IV sedation trip to Oregon! The first part of April, Scott had to complete the second weekend of his IV sedation training in Portland Oregon and OHSU and he needed an extra assistant to go. I of course didn't JUMP at the chance, because I wasn't sure I would be able to handle some of the things that are involved with IV..:) Even though I am a dental hygenist, I really only deal with things inside the mouth, not needles on the skin and other things that go along with that! :) Despite my fears and concerns, Scott and Andrea assured me that it would be no big deal and would be just fine. Well, they were right of course, and we all survived! or I should say they survived me. Hee hee. It was a strenuous 2 days of long hours for sat and sun while we were there. Scott had no problem and actually truly loved it! He has had previous experience placing IV's during his 18mos internship in Oral Surgery at a VA hospital in Cali, but hasnt done them since. He said it was just like riding a bike...? Ha! I am not sure about that. LOL Anyway, we met some awesome people from Houston and Idaho during our session.


Thanks to our friend Amy, who told us about some yummy food places to eat at while we were there..that really was our only break...oh and sleep! Oregon is beautiful on the days it is sunny I think.:) We didn't get a lot of time to sight see but the hours we did were eventful!

We went to a donut place called "Vodoo Donuts" and they were awesome! The guy behind the counter was very cultural..with bright red/orange long hair in pony tails and we weren't too sure we wanted to stay, but the donuts were awesome! Some of the cast from "Twilight" even ate there we were told!haha!


We had a great busy time and thanks to Scott's parents, we didn't have to worry about the boys too much. :) Now we just have to wait...until the board approves his cases and we are good to go! The 7 month long process is almost over!

Enjoy these fun pics!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! Love the way your pictures turned out! You did good! Looks like you had a fun trip even if part of it was work! :)

Eldrberry Grove said...

Scott is starting to look like a polygamist with you and Andrea in all the pics... ha ha just kidding!! Looks like you had fun! :)