The baby shower was a great success...Leanna had about 50 people there..and lots of gifts! She was really happy, and all the hard work and prep went well. The chocolate fountain was yummy and we all enjoyed dipping everything in it! LOL Blake continued to be oh so clingy...(reminded me of Cole somehow...:))and so unlike our happy little baby Blake! He hasn't been happy this whole time, and everytime I leave the room, he cries. Anyway, he was my little leach that night. We had a great time and relieved Leanna didn't have her baby before then! She loved the "pee-pee tee pees" I bought her! It was a huge hit! Everyone was laughing and Le also loved the "book of firsts" I made! :)
The next day it rained..so swimming at Aunt Colleens had to be postponed...instead, Colleen offered to take the boys to Palm Dessert with her. I opted to stay here with Blake, since he wasn't feeling the greatest. The boys had a BLAST and loved every minute! Matthew kept saying he was at the Sahara Desert...and thought there were nothing but palm trees (hawaii trees he called them) and a big pool, where you see things that aren't there! Ha! what a silly guy!
So, I had a night just with Blake and my parents. We played and hung out....it was great!
When the boys came back on saturday, Blake was still really not good...up every night, and soo very cranky. By sunday, I had had it!! I really felt like something was wrong, and an ear infection had crossed my mind...so, I took him to urgent care...(not the nicest place) I prefer my own pediatrician!!! My thoughts were right...how is that..a mother's instinct? Yep! He has a really bad ear infection...they prescribed him amoxicillin, and we had to go to 5 different pharmacy's to find one that was open!!! what an ordeal! Just hope that he will be feeling better soon! I am ready for my happy Blake to come back!
We have had some family news though!!! My niece Alexis just got engaged! They are aiming for an August wedding! So now we get to come back for my sister's wedding in July, and again in August!! What a busy summer!!! Leanna still hasn't had her baby yet...we are going on long walks and trying to get her to go into labor. She has had a lot of contractions today and hopefully tomorrow things will start to happen! I want to be here when she has her baby, and she is just ready to pop she says! :) I don't envy her at ALL!! :) We went to Claim jumper for an eclair....it was huge!!!

So, that is what I have been up to! The boys and I miss Scott terribly and can't wait to see him on sat...when he gets here!!! Then on to Disneyland next week!! Yippeeee!! Oh! and my nephew gets to come home from his mission on wed...and another nephew is awaiting his mission call!! Busy family! I am glad to say I missed the tornado scare...as I probably would have been totally freaking out...so for those that are at home, ....glad you are safe...:)
I will try to upload pics when I can figure out how to do that!! Wish you could show me Ang! :) That pic of the the Eclair..is from my cell phone! It realy was THAT big!! YUMMMOOO
6 comments:
WOW! Reading your blog makes me feel like I have nothing going on in my life right now. You are super busy! I hope that Leanna has her baby soon and you are able to be there for that. A Tuesday baby would be nice, right? I feel so bad for Blake. I was so sad to hear he had an ear infection! At least you listened to your prompting and got him to a doctor. Give him a hug for me. Oh and Congratulations to Alexis! It looks like I won't see you much this summer! Miss you!
Sounds like your family news is about as busy as mine. I am so glad that you are getting to be there with your family though. Enjoy that clingy little Blake (not gumpy- just clingy) they change so fast and then they don't want to be held. They want to run and big boys!!
Sounds like you have had a crazy trip. Poor little Blake. I hope he gets feeling better. Have fun in Disneyland. I'm glad you have been able to spend so much time with family.
Hurry home so we can start scrappin'!!
I think Scott misses you guys too. He's been acting very kooky lately (oh wait, that's normal for him ha ha). Glad you guys are having fun!! :)
Party Time!!! We miss you!!! The boys keep asking when you will be back!!! Poor little Blakers!! Ear infections are the worst for the little ones!! Keep him out of swimming pools...I hear they are breeding grounds for ear infections.
Sounds like you are having a blast!
Post a Comment