Friday, August 22, 2008

Garage Sale



Ok...I did something funny this week, while the boys were in school. I decided I would "purge" their stuffed animal collection and clean it out! So, I had this idea of having them "sell" me the animals. That way it would be easier to give them away..a little bit of incentives...

When the boys got home from school, I told them we were having a garage sale, and they were to chose at least 12 stuffed animals to sell to me, then we would give them away to kids who would love them more. Ok...that was the WRONG thing to say!! They kinda had a melt down about it, but Matthew realized that he could make some easy money quickly! So, he was eager, but Nathan ...not so much. They finally decided...after like 5 hours..which ones they would be able to "live without"! They made me take pics of their collections, so they could always "remember" those lost animals and friends!

Too funny! ( I was kinda cheap though, and only gave them .25 cents an animal! ) hahahah

4 comments:

Eldrberry Grove said...

Sounds like you had a good plan going to help them part with their beloved toys. Chandler is still young enough where I can downsize his toy box when he's not home and he generally doesn't miss anything I got rid of.

Unknown said...

You are a genius is all I can say! Stuffed animals seem to accumulate so quickly and take up alot of space. Great idea for moms everywhere!

KrisJ said...

I alway love when Im able to get rid of some of the kids crap!

Jolayne said...

You're nicer than me. I just throw them out and when they ask about them, I shrug my shoulders.