Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 16..Taste of Tuesday

Taste of Tuesday!
This is one of my favorite easy cake recipes. I am finding the more Scott works and is gone late at night..my chocolate cravings attack. So, I made this cake tonight and it is so yummy!

Chocolate Chip Nut Cake

1 cup oatmeal
1 3/4 cup boiling water
Let set for 10 min.

1/2 c. butter
1 c. lightly packed brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 largee eggs
1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 TBSP Cocoa
Mix together well, then add 1/2 bad of chocolate chips.
**1 bag of chocolate chips (split in half)
3/4 c. chopped nuts
Pour into 9X13 pan. Top cake with remainder chocolate chips and nuts. Bake at 350 for 30-45 min.

4 comments:

Hunt Family Ramblings said...

This sounds sooo good! So, it doesn't have a frosting? The chocolate chips just melt? Yummy! David now loves the zucchini soup. He is the one last summer that actually asked me to get the recipe from your mom. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

That does sound good! Have you made it for me before? Sounds yummy! If you just made it yesterday, you should have some left tonight right? Be right over... :)

Jolayne said...

I am enjoying reading your daily posts. Fun!

Jill said...

Hey, I think I recognize that recipe;) Seeing it makes me want to make it...it is my favorite cake! It is great topped with cool whip. Hope you guys are having fun in LP!