Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wild Weird Wednesday

So today is a Wild, Weird Wednesday! I am really tired of the TORNADO warnings!!!! Both boys are very nervous about it, and constantly looking outside the windows to see if there are any "Tunnel" clouds...(They call them that, not funnel) Pretty funny! You see, yesterday there was a Tornado that came 4 miles NW of Firestone while we were gone thankfully! I was on my way home from the Lowrys in Arvada, driving pretty much the whole way into a big dark BLACK cloud. You would think that by now, living here, I would have SOME experience in Torndao warnings or watches...but I guess I was just thinking there was just a really bad storm up ahead. Well, :) I was right. I said to Nathan that it looked like we were driving right into something yucky. Just about 25 min. from home, I could see a horizontal little spiral cloud sticking out of the big puffy ones..I think Cumulous? But I thought that looked really weird and didn't think anything of it really. The big black clouds just looked scary and I really kept waiting for it to rain....which it didn't. It reminded me of Wizard of Oz opening scene...minus the wind and the red shoes of course! We kept driving and it didn't start raining until I got off the fwy at our exit. Then the heavens pretty much opened up and it started to HAIL....really big hail stones! It was loud and of course scared the dickens out of the boys. By then the thought came...Call Bryce..(my father in law) and have him check the weather report, as I wasn't listening to the radio. He called me as I was just picking up the phone. He said to me that there was a tornado heading right for Firestone and I should seek shelter. So, I got off the phone and told the boys to pray. :) We drove quickly to the house. I was only like 2-3 min from our house by now. After getting home, we ran down to our basement and I waited. We had missed the tornado thankfully! After looking back now, I think it really was kinda silly for me to keep driving TOWARDS the storm. I should have just stopped and pulled over, but hey! I had NO idea!! :)

So, this afternoon, the boys come running to me saying ...there is another tornado warning in Greeley MOM!! What do we do??!!! I am calmly telling them, well, I guess we can be grateful that Daddy is no longer in Greeley! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stay safe Liz and camp out in your basement if necessary! I will pray that you are kept safe. Love ya!