Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

So I had a goal about 2 weeks ago to blog pretty much everyday, with this 30 day Challenge from my sister in law. I haven't been the greatest blogger..but hey..I am trying! So here is my day 13 blog...Spiritual Sunday. There is just a quote from a lesson in Relief Society that I read a few weeks ago, and have read it a lot recently with all the changes that are happening in our family. It has helped me remember to pray and keep faith in the things we are doing right.

Our challenges, including those we create by our own decicions, are part of our test in mortality. Let me assure you that your situation is not beyond the reach of our Savior. Through Him, every struggle can be for our experience and our good (see D&C 122:7). Each temptation we overcome is to strengthen us, not destroy us. The Lord will never allow us to suffer beyond what we can endure.

2 comments:

alison said...

I used to think that the 'test' of mortality was like a generalized multiple choice thing. I'm realizing now that its completely individualized and that's what makes it so much better.

Unknown said...

There are always going to be challenges, but Heavenly Father has made a way for us to be strengthened by them. I think I needed to be reminded of that too! What a great quote! I am a true believer that Heavenly Father won't give us anything beyond our control, even though some days I feel like I am being tested. He must think I am a stronger person than even I am aware of! :) Your blog posting really made my day and put things into perspective for me. Thanks Liz! Love ya!